IMPORTANT! From January 18th, we are no longer offering versions of Capture One that are limited to supporting only one camera brand. Instead, we simply offer Capture One Pro, which includes support for all camera brands.
All existing versions of Capture One will continue to work as it is. We will also continue to provide feature updates during the life of Capture One 22. For more details, please visit this page.
1. I have a perpetual license for Capture One Pro 12 (or the older version) but I want to upgrade to Capture One Pro 22.
2. I have a perpetual license for Capture One for Fujifilm / for Nikon / (for Sony) but I want to switch to Capture One Pro.
How to upgrade Capture One?
IMPORTANT! Upgrading is possible for perpetual license owners only.
If you currently have Capture One Express, Capture One trial or a subscription plan, you need to make a new purchase in the Capture One e-store.
Those who would like to pre-order an upgrade should check this page for more details.
1. Purchase an upgrade
First of all, you need to check the eligibility of your license by going to My Account -> Upgrade license or to https://www.captureone.com/en/account/upgrade. Enter your license code.
When you purchase an upgrade to shift away from the current software version to a newer one or to switch from the brand product variant (for Fujifilm / for Nikon / (for Sony)) to Pro, you are asked for your old product key to validate the upgrade.
Upgrading from one major release to another (i.e. from 20 to 21) for the same product variant.
- Capture One for Fujifilm / for Nikon / (for Sony) 12 -> Capture One for Fujifilm 21
- Capture One for Fujifilm / for Nikon / (for Sony) 20 -> Capture One for Fujifilm 21
You will see the following options for upgrade:
NOTE: If you choose the Switch to subscription option for upgrading the perpetual license for any brand version (for Fujifilm, for Nikon, or (for Sony)), it won't be possible to upgrade that subscription to Pro further.
Upgrading from a brand version to Capture One Pro.
- Capture One for Nikon 20 -> Capture One Pro 22
- Capture One (for Sony) 12 -> Capture One Pro 22
- Capture One for Fujifilm 22 -> Capture One Pro 22
- Downgrading from Pro to the brand version is not available.
- If you run Capture One Express but have recently purchased Capture One license, there is no need to download the software once again. Just deactivate Capture One Express and activate Capture One with the license code you have recently purchased.
- If you are using a subscription license, there is no need to upgrade it because any subscription license code allows you to use the latest version of Capture One.
- If you are running Capture One with the subscription license for any brand version (for Fujifilm, for Nikon, or (Sony)), it won't be possible to upgrade it to Pro.
2. Get your new license key
After purchasing the upgrade, Capture One will send you a NEW license code which you will use to activate a new version of Capture One.
At the same time, Capture One disables your old license code after the upgrade, so it will no longer appear in your License Management section on captureone.com
The new license still remains backward compatible so that you can activate an older version of Capture One. For instance, a Capture One Pro 22 perpetual license can still be used to activate the older versions of Capture One Pro should you need to continue with the old software.
3. Download Capture One
Capture One can be downloaded from here.
4. Activate Capture One
Use the NEW license key you received after the upgrade.