I have bought a new computer. How do I move Capture One to it? I don't have the original installation disks or a download file.
2. All of your workspaces and presets can be copied to the new machine from the locations indicated below if you wish to migrate them.
On macOS: /User/Library/Application Support/Capture One
Note the user-level Library folder is hidden by default in macOS. To access it easily, open Finder and select Go > Go to Folder.
In that field, paste ~/Library/Application Support/Capture One
On Windows: C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\CaptureOne
NOTE: AppData is hidden by default on Windows. Learn how to show hidden folders on Windows.
Then copy the contents of the Capture One folder and save them on the external drive, for instance.
3. Install Capture One on another computer and activate it using the license key for the corresponding product variant.
NOTE: If you see an error related to "profile is incorrect" or "activation limit exceeded", refer to the "Login" section of your profile to reset activation keys or check product key validity under "Software License."
4. If you need to keep your workflow after migrating from one computer to another, you have to safely move your Capture One files from one machine to another.
Start moving your Catalogs and Sessions from one computer to another.
- The self-contained nature of a Session makes it an ideal choice when transferring images from one computer to another. A Session can be also moved to an external drive for storage or archiving, freeing up the local disk space. Learn how to move Sessions easily.
- Meanwhile, moving a Catalog is not that easy as the links might get broken. Check this article to learn how you can move a Catalog safely.