Press the Edit Selected variants icon () or navigate to the menu and select Image -> Edit All Selected Variants to toggle between editing a single image (i.e. the Primary Variant - the thumbnail in the browser with the thick white border) and editing multiple images (i.e., Selected Variants - all selected images in the Browser). If this button is not enabled, then adjustments are applied only to the primary variant. Learn how to select and view multiple images. Note that there are certain types of adjustments that can be applied to all of the images simultaneously.
It is important to ensure that the Edit Selected Variants feature is enabled when you want, for example, to copy adjustments from one image and apply them to other selected images. Learn more Global Copy and Apply and Local Copy and Apply.
- Enable Edit Selected Variants in the Toolbar or select Image -> Edit All Selected Variants in the main menu.
- In the Browser, select all of the images you want to apply the basic adjustments to.
- Apply the adjustment(s) as required. Only basic adjustments can be applied (Rotate (Left/Right), Auto Adjustment, Styles, and Presets).
- All of the images will be updated in the Viewer.
Viewing multiple images from a collection or a variant group can be useful when you want to assess several images side-by-side for various reasons (e.g., color, focus accuracy, exposure density, etc.), or when you want to apply the same settings, rating or adjustments to images simultaneously. Consider that not more than 12 images could be displayed in the viewer at a time.
- Choose from one of the following:
- In the main menu, choose Select -> Select All or press Cmd+A/Ctrl+A (macOS/Windows).
- Click on the first variant in the series that you want to select, then press the Shift key and click on the last image variant in the series.
- Click on the relevant variant in the series that you want to select and press Cmd/Ctrl (macOS/Windows). Repeat this action to add images.
- A selection of image variants can be deselected at any time by navigating to the main menu and choosing Select -> Deselect All or pressing Shift+Cmd+A/Ctrl+Shift+A (macOS/Windows).