In the event of a supported DSLR or digital back being disconnected, do not reconnect it until the Camera Settings tool status changes to No Camera Attached. When the warning continues to be displayed after reconnecting, check the following:
- In the Camera tool’s Action menu, the (…) icon, select Preferences… . A dialog will open.
- Select Capture and confirm the appropriate manufacturer is selected under the Providers/Enabled Tethered Support (Mac/Windows) option.
- Deselect other makes to avoid conflicts.
- Verify that cable lengths meet trade association specifications or recommendations:
- USB 3.0: 9 Ft/3m recommended maximum for standard A to B cables. (3 Ft/1m recommended maximum for standard A to micro B). Note that longer cables may still be used provided that they do not degrade the electrical characteristics of the signal.
- USB 2.0: 16 Ft/5m maximum for standard A to B cables. (6 Ft/2m maximum for standard A to micro-B).
- FireWire 800: 14 Ft/4.5m approx.
Using a powered repeater or hub is recommended above those lengths.
- Change USB ports on the computer. Note that some ports are optimized for low-power devices that may not be suitable for tethering.
- When the camera or digital back is in sleep mode, it may be enough to wake the camera. Otherwise, it may be necessary to power the camera off and then back on again.
Please sign in to leave a comment.