Before the Session starts, it is advisable to take some test shots with the camera tethered.
- Capture an image using one of the following options:
- Click on the Capture button located in the Camera tool next to the movie camera icon.
- Click on the Capture button (Camera icon) in the main toolbar. When the camera is ready, the camera icon will be highlighted (when the camera is asleep or detached, the icon will be grayed out). You can use this or the following options to continue capturing when making image adjustments in Capture One (i.e., when the Capture Tool Tab is no longer open or easily accessible).
- Press the shutter button on the camera body (or attached remote release).
- In the main menu, select Camera -> Capture or use Cmd(⌘)+K (Mac) / Ctrl+K (Windows).
- The captured image will be imported into Capture One and the image will be displayed in the main Viewer.
- Verify the exposure using the Exposure Evaluation tool. The exposure meter below the histogram provides an estimation of the exposure value of the captured image. This tool can be useful when adopting an ETTR (expose to the right) strategy.
- Adjust basic camera settings in the Camera tool or more advanced settings in the Camera Settings tool (settings available are dependent upon the support provided by the camera maker), and capture additional images to verify the adjustments.
- Switch to the composition mode while setting up in case you are concerned about unnecessary culling and using disk space. Only the last shot is saved in the composition mode.