Guides can be added and displayed over the image in the Viewer as an aid to getting the composition right. It is particularly useful when shooting tethered or as a means to perfect the image cropping.
- Go to the menu and select View -> Guides to toggle the Guides visibility on and off.
You can assign a keyboard shortcut to this command. If you want to assign a keyboard shortcut command to toggle the visibility of the Guides on and off, select Edit -> Edit Keyboard Shortcuts… and find the Guides command. Note that you can also assign additional keyboard shortcuts to other related Guides commands under Customize Guides in the Edit Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box. See this article for more details:
Editing keyboard shortcuts
- Multiple guides may be added from the main menu by selecting View -> Customize Guides -> Add Horizontal Guide or Add Vertical Guide.
- The guides can then be dragged into the proper position using the Select (v) cursor tool.
- You can select one of the six available Guide colors to ensure that they will be easy to see against the image subject. You can choose between black, white, red, yellow, magenta or cyan by selecting View -> Customize Guides -> Guides Color from the menu. The default color is red.
- If all of the guides displayed should be removed, select View -> Customize Guides -> Reset Guides.
If only a single Guide line needs to be removed, simply click on it with the Select (v) cursor tool and drag the Guide line to the edge of the frame.
- To hide the Guides, select View -> Guides from the main menu to toggle the view off.
Note that Capture One Enterprise has a Guides tool with additional features for precise placement as well as Presets.