When preparing variants for output, Capture One allows you to choose if you would like any previously applied cropping to be included in the processing instructions.
Besides being convenient for temporarily removing the crop without either permanently deleting it or creating another variant, this feature is especially useful when submitting the same image with and without any previously made cropping applied. To do so, you simply create two identical Process Recipes, differing only in the option to ignore or respect the crop.
If you intend to supply a PSD file, Capture One allows you to process a variant with the crop-selection as a path that can be edited later in Photoshop. Note that this is only available for variants to be processed as a PSD file, so that format must be selected in the recipe first. Otherwise, the option will be grayed out.
- Go to the Output tool tab.
- Select the Adjustments tab in the Process Recipe tool.
- From the Crop drop-down menu, select from the following:
- Respect crop is to include any previously applied cropping.
- Ignore crop is to disregard any cropping to the image.
- Export to path (PSD) is to include a path during output (PSD file only).
- Selecting the option will automatically save the choice to the recipe.