The Before/After feature introduces an easy way to compare the original look of the photo with its adjusted representation. You can turn this feature on/off in one of the following ways:
- with the icon available from the Toolbar
- using the shortcut Y
- from the main menu, go to View -> Before/After
Two modes are available for this feature:
- The Full View, while active, will show the full photo in the Viewer in its ‘before’ state. The ‘before’ state is the original photo without editing adjustments applied, but with composition changes that might have been applied, such as crop, rotation, keystone, and lens corrections.
- The Split View Slider will split the viewer in two with a draggable slider in the middle. The ‘before’ state is shown to the left, and the ‘after’ state is shown to the right.
NOTE: In Capture One Express, only the Full View option of the Before/After feature is available.
Switching between these two modes can be done in several ways:
- long-press the icon in the toolbar and select the desired mode from the drop-down menu
- use the shortcut Shift+Y to toggle between the modes
- from the main menu, go to View -> Before/After Mode and choose the desired more
Editing while the Before/After feature is turned on behaves in two different ways.
- When in the Full View mode, any movement of a slider or any other adjustment tool will automatically turn the feature off.
- When in the Split View Slider mode, most adjustments can be performed and will be updated in real-time in the ‘after’ state of the photo. Compositional changes like crop, rotate, and distortion cannot be done in this mode and will turn the feature off.
NOTE: This feature is available in Capture One 20 (13.1.0) and later versions).
<< Comparing images before and after adjustments | Resetting adjustments >>
C1 applied some default adjustments to my images upon import and this is set as the "before" state of the image. But I would like to set the "before" image to be without any adjustments, a baseline image. Can this be done or do I have to re-import images?
Please sign in to leave a comment.