Capture One Pro offers users the option to import and export Capture One Catalogs. Rather than switching between multiple Catalogs, importing small working Catalogs and creating one main or master Catalog may simplify workflow and improve search queries.
The flexibility of importing and exporting of Catalogs will also be popular with location photographers. For example, Catalogs with the images and adjustments created on a laptop may easily be transferred to a desktop computer back in the studio or at home.
Imported Capture One Catalogs are duplicated and merged with the current open main or master Catalog. When there are source images located within the imported Catalog as managed files, they remain as managed images in the master Catalog. If the imported Catalog has referenced images, those will remain referenced also in the master Catalog. Any duplicated variants in the imported Catalog will be referenced to the original source files. The Catalog is imported in the background so that you may continue to work.
- Open Capture One and choose File -> Import Catalog -> Capture One Catalog… in the main menu.
- Navigate to the Catalog (<name>.cocatalog), select and click Import or double-click on the catalog file to be imported.
- If the master Catalog already contains one or more variants in the Catalog to be imported, a dialog box will ask you to choose which variants you would like to keep. Choose the option you prefer and checkmark the box to apply the choice to the conflicts of this type during import.
- Stop - will cancel the import process;
- All - will keep the variants of an image in the master Catalog and add the variants from the imported Catalog;
- Existing - will keep only the variants of the particular image in the master Catalog disregarding those from the imported Catalog;
- Imported - will replace the existing variants of the particular image in the master Catalog with the variants of this image in the imported Catalog