Making a Catalog Template allows you to create a new catalog with a predetermined set of User Collections instead of starting everything from scratch. This may be a valuable time-saving option if you adopt a complex hierarchy of User Collections. Nested Albums and Smart Albums compliant with rules (search criteria and active filters), Projects, and Groups are all duplicated from within the open Catalog. Note that images are not copied into the Catalog when creating a Template.
- Open a catalog and navigate to the Library tool with a set of User Collections that you intend to copy. Select File -> Save As Template... A dialog box will open with a prompt to save the file.
- Choose a suitable name for the Template. Select Save.
- In the Library, click on the + (plus) with reveal icon (top right) and select New Catalog… or select File -> New Catalog... . A dialog box will appear.
- Select an appropriate name for the new Catalog, a location for the Catalog to be saved to (or choose to retain the existing location), and the appropriate Template from the drop-down menu.
- Checkmark the box underneath to open the new catalog alongside the already open Catalog or uncheck to close the existing Catalog and open the new one.