Speed Edit allows you to make adjustments quickly without the need to navigate to the particular tool in the interface. The tools available for Speed Edit have the corresponding assigned keyboard shortcuts which are listed in the Edit Keyboard Shortcuts window.
For making adjustments with one of the tools available for Speed Edit, hold down the assigned corresponding keyboard shortcut. A temporary slider will appear under the image in the Viewer, indicating which slider is being adjusted. While holding down the appropriate key, adjust the value of the chosen slider in one of the following ways:
Scroll the mouse wheel or trackpad
Left-click and drag anywhere in the Viewer
- Use the keyboard arrow keys Up/Right for increasing the value and Down/Left for decreasing the value
In Capture One Pro (16.3) it’s possible to reset sliders using Speed Edit by holding the Speed Edit key and pressing Spacebar.
1. To access the Speed Edit shortcuts, go to the main menu and select Edit -> Edit Keyboard Shortcuts and navigate to the Speed Edit Keys tab.
2. Click on the List Shortcuts button at the bottom of the window. The list of all keyboard shortcuts will be opened in the internet browser window (Safari, Google Chrome, Opera, etc.). Scroll down to the bottom of the page to access the keyboard shortcuts that correspond to the tools available for Speed Edit. Return to Capture One and close the Edit Keyboard Shortcuts window.
3. Hold down one of the assigned keys for the Speed Edit and adjust the value of the chosen slider by scrolling the mouse wheel, left-clicking and dragging anywhere in the Viewer, or using the keyboard arrow keys.
4. You can select multiple variants and use Speed Edit simultaneously on all of them. Make sure that the Edit All Selected icon is enabled (orange-colored) in the Toolbar.
NOTE: When using Speed Edit on multiple images simultaneously, the Layers are ignored so the adjustments will be applied to the Background.
5. If you want to adjust the keyboard shortcuts for Speed Edit, you will have to create your custom keyboard shortcut set first. Click on the + (plus) icon in the Edit Keyboard Shortcuts window and name your custom shortcut set accordingly. Then you will be able to edit the assigned shortcuts for the tools in the Speed Edit Keys tab of your custom keyboard shortcut set.
6. Adjust the sensitivity when using Speed Edit to change the increment step. The higher the Sensitivity value is, the bigger the increment step is, and vice versa.
Go to Capture One -> Preferences on Mac or Edit -> Preferences on Windows. The Preferences window will open. Go to the General tab and adjust the Sensitivity slider under the Speed Edit section.