Any Catalog Collection, Folder or User Collection (Album, Smart Album, Group or Project) in an existing Catalog may be exported as a new separate Catalog that can be shared and worked on by colleagues.
- In the Library tool, under Catalog Collections, User Collections or Folders, select the folder to be exported as a new Catalog. If certain images from one or more folders are required to be exported, create a dedicated album to export.
- Right-click (Windows) or Cmd-click (Mac) the relevant folder or album and select Export as Catalog… Alternatively, select the folder or album and go to File -> Export as Catalog… in the main menu.
- In the dialog box, you can specify a name for the Catalog to be exported, set destination, and checkmark the option Also Include Referenced Originals.
- If you run Export a Catalog on a folder, you'll also see the Include subfolder option. Checkmark this option to export a catalog with subfolders and preserve the folder structure.
- Checkmark the Also Include Referenced Originals box to add the original referenced image files as managed if required. Selecting this option makes a copy of the original image files (if they’re available to Capture One) and places them inside the Catalog. Any managed images selected (i.e. originals stored within the Catalog) will be copied anyway. The original images appointed as managed files for export will increase the size of the Catalog proportionately.
Note that folder structure will not be preserved.
Several people can work in the same Catalog by sharing it. It is also possible to lock a Catalog (restricting it to a 'View Only' mode) to ensure no changes from outside are made to it.
To lock a Catalog, proceed with the following steps:
- Go to File -> Lock Catalog...
- A dialog box will appear. Press the Lock button and the window will reopen.
- A locked Catalog can be opened by multiple users simultaneously, but no changes can be made to it. The corresponding icon in the bottom-right corner of the thumbnail will appear (circled in the image example). All editing tools will also become disabled.
- Go to File -> Unlock Catalog... to remove the restrictions.