Naming images on export can be achieved on an improvised basis using the Process Recipe tool (using Sequence tokens in the Sub Name text field and providing a complementary Sub Name token is used in the Output Naming tool). However, it is a specialized tool intended to make presets. The best practice is to use the Output Naming tool instead.
- Select the images for export and choose the appropriate recipe or multiple recipes.
- In the Output Naming tool, click on the Naming Format button (…) to the right of the text field. The Naming Format dialog opens.
- Select from the combination of four Sequence Naming tokens (Sequence Type, ID, Count, and Total). For example, when all four tokens are used in that order with an underscore to separate them, the file name will look like this: Focus Stacking_ABC0123_0011732_3_5.IIQ. This identifies that this image is the 3rd in a 5 frame Focus Stack along with the details, the serial number, and unique Sequence ID.
- Verify that the name is in the desired format in the Sample text field. When repeatedly using the same tokens, you can save the combination as a User Preset.
- Click OK, and continue with your usual export workflow.