Why was my credit card declined while trying to make a purchase?
There are some of the possible reasons for the cases when a card is declined while you are trying to make a purchase via a FastSpring platform:
1) Invalid credit card number or billing address was entered.
2) Incorrect or expired card expiration date.
3) A hold has been placed on the account. This happens sometimes when the credit card company detects a transaction they don’t believe fits your normal buying pattern and are concerned that it might be a fraud or a charge that you have not authorized yourself.
4) A restriction may have been placed on the account. For example, the account may be set up to not be used outside the country in which the card was issued.
5) Insufficient funds.
6) The amount exceeds the limit set for internet purchases.
You can try to submit the order again if you feel you did not input the credit card information correctly. If the order still does not go through successfully, you need to call the credit card’s issuer to inquire about further details. You can usually find a customer service telephone number on the back of the card.
Please note that any charge you may see on your account is only a “pre-authorization” of the funds and will automatically drop off your card within 5-10 business days. The exact timeframe varies with each card issuer and each card issuer has control over when those charges will be dropped or voided.