Tool Tabs are the sets of related tools that include some of Capture One’s most common and frequently used features. They are located at the top-left corner of the user interface.
Each Tool Tab contains a number of tools. Each tool has its own set of controls to adjust a selected image file or multiple files. It is possible to place any of those tools either into a pinned or a scrollable section within the Tool Tab. Move the tools between sections by dragging them or using a submenu.
The Toolbar can be customized to display a set of controls to suit your needs.
Adding a Tool Tab
The default Tool Tabs are the following: Library, Capture, Lens, Color, Exposure, Details, Adjustments, Metadata, Output, Batch. To add a non-default Tool Tab (Black and White, Quick, Composition) or the one that has been removed, proceed with the steps below.
- Go to View -> Customize Tools -> Add Tool Tab -> Quick/Black and White/Composition or right-click on the Tool Tabs bar.
- The Quick/Black and White/Composition icon will appear alongside the other Tool Tabs.
Add a custom Tool Tab
- Right-click on the tool tab and select Add Tool Tab -> Custom Tool Tab from the drop-down menu (Alternatively, go to View -> Customize Tools -> Add Tool Tab -> Custom Tool Tab...).
- A dialog box will appear. Name the Tab, choose an icon, and press Add Tab. The icon will appear in the Tool Tab bar.
- Right-click on the icon and select Add Tool from the drop-down menu and select a tool. Repeat this procedure to add more tools.
- To rearrange the Tool Tab bar, press Cmd/Alt (macOS/Windows) and drag icons in the tab menu to the preferred position.
- To remove any unwanted tool tabs, right-click on the Tool Tab bar and select Remove Tool Tab.
Removing a Tool Tab
- Go to View -> Customize Tools -> Remove Tool Tab and select the tool tab that is not needed.
- Alternatively, right-click on the Tool Tabs bar. Go to Remove Tool Tab and select the tool tab that is not needed.