Tool Tabs are the sets of related tools that include some of Capture One’s most common and frequently used features. They are located at the top-left corner of the user interface.
Each Tool Tab contains a number of tools. Each tool has its own set of controls to adjust a selected image file or multiple files. It is possible to place any of those tools either into a pinned or a scrollable section within the Tool Tab. Move the tools between sections by dragging them or using a submenu.
The Toolbar can be customized to display a set of controls to suit your needs.
Adding a Tool Tab
The default Tool Tabs are the following: Library, Capture, Lens, Color, Exposure, Details, Adjustments, Metadata, Output, Batch. To add a non-default Tool Tab (Black and White, Quick, Composition) or the one that has been removed, proceed with the steps below.
- Go to View -> Customize Tools -> Add Tool Tab -> Quick/Black and White/Composition or right-click on the Tool Tabs bar.
- The Quick/Black and White/Composition icon will appear alongside the other Tool Tabs.
Add a custom Tool Tab
- Right-click on the tool tab and select Add Tool Tab -> Custom Tool Tab from the drop-down menu (Alternatively, go to View -> Customize Tools -> Add Tool Tab -> Custom Tool Tab...).
- A dialog box will appear. Name the Tab, choose an icon, and press Add Tab. The icon will appear in the Tool Tab bar.
- Right-click on the icon and select Add Tool from the drop-down menu and select a tool. Repeat this procedure to add more tools.
- To rearrange the Tool Tab bar, press Cmd/Alt (macOS/Windows) and drag icons in the tab menu to the preferred position.
- To remove any unwanted tool tabs, right-click on the Tool Tab bar and select Remove Tool Tab.
Removing a Tool Tab
- Go to View -> Customize Tools -> Remove Tool Tab and select the tool tab that is not needed.
- Alternatively, right-click on the Tool Tabs bar. Go to Remove Tool Tab and select the tool tab that is not needed.
Find out more details related to each Tool Tab in the following articles:
- Tool Tabs: Library
- Tool Tabs: Lens Correction
- Tool Tabs: Color
- Tool Tabs: Exposure
- Tool Tabs: Details
- Tool Tabs: Adjustments
- Tool Tabs: Metadata
- Tool Tabs: Output
- Tool Tabs: Batch
- Tool Tabs: Local Adjustments
- Tool Tabs: Quick
- Tool Tabs: Composition
- Tool Tabs: Black and White