I receive the following error when attempting to activate Capture One :
"Could not query profile because no data was received from the server. Try again later."
This error indicates that the Capture One application was unable to reach the activation server, to validate the license key. This is likely due to a firewall blocking the application from reaching the server, a lack of internet connection, or invalid IP address routing.
- Open a browser window, copy and paste this into your browser https://activation.phaseone.com/Errors/ServiceStatus.aspx where you should see the following: "Activation service is alive". If the connection to the server fails, it will give a 404 or another error.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet. Typically, disconnecting and reconnecting your internet connection should resolve it. In some cases, it will require a full router reset (this will refresh the DNS used);
- Make sure you are not using a VPN connection when activating Capture One. VPNs can also cause some confusion when trying to access the activation server. You should refrain from using VPNs when activating Capture One;
- Investigate whether your firewall isn't blocking Capture One's request. Whitelist CaptureOne.exe from any firewall applications that might be blocking the connection;
- Uninstall and reinstall the application;
- Check your hosts file;
- If something is still blocking your connection, try renaming the file from Capture One 20.app to Capture One 20.1.app