I could not activate the software because the license code could not be verified by the server.
This error appears when you are trying to activate Capture One with a wrong license key or e-mail address, or in case a firewall blocks communication.
1. Use the right license code for your Capture One version.
- It is not possible to activate newer major release versions with the older key (e.g., activating Capture One 20 with the Capture One 12 key).
- After purchasing an upgrade (for perpetual license), your older license key is deactivated. For instance, after upgrading to Capture One 20, the license keys for your previous version(s) will not be valid. Still, you will be able to activate Capture One 12 with the Capture One 20 key.
2. Use the email address tied up to the Capture One license key. Once a single-user license is activated for the first time, it is tied up to the Capture One account you once created on the website and used to activate Capture One for the first time by entering e-mail and password associated with that account.
3. The email addresses and passwords are case sensitive. Be sure to enter your password correctly.
4. In some cases, the Firewall is blocking the communication from activation.phaseone.com. Go to https://activation.phaseone.com/Errors/ServiceStatus.aspx to verify whether the activation server is alive.
5. Contact Support if the steps above have not solved the issues.